“Plaatkoekies” taste absolutely great. It is very easy to make and everyone will love it. It will be an instant hit with young and old. It tastes best when it is served with marmite or golden syrup. If you feel like treating yourself, add a spoon full of cream on top. You have to try this!
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 cups of flour
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Beat the milk and egg together.
2. Add the sugar and beat well.
3. Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and add.
4. Let the mixture stand for 1/2 hour.
5. Place spoons full of the mixture into warm oil and fry on both sides. Turn the “plaatkoekies” over when air bubbles form on the top.
6. Spread a little bit of butter on top and add marmite or syrup.
This recipe is easy and tastes brilliant. Go ahead and try it yourself!
I was born in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa and grew up in Vereeniging. The first time I left home was in 2002 to go to England on a working holiday. Met my husband halfway around the world, got married in South Africa and now have 2 beautiful children. One boy and one girl... Started writing down recipes I grew up with when I was living in England and love sharing them with others. Buy my downloadable book and keep all the recipes together! https://recipesfromsouthafrica.com/download-book-in-english/