Being a celiac does not mean that you can eat nothing enjoyable… Take the plaatkoekies for instance… They taste wonderful and is very easy to make. So make sure to try this recipe. You can feed your family with this wonderful recipe and they won’t even know it is Gluten Free…
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of melted butter
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup of flour (equal quantities of chick pea, tapioca and brown rice flour)
1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum
1. Beat together the eggs and the water.
2. Add the melted butter and the sugar.
3. Sieve the dry ingredients (salt, baking powder, flour and xantham gum) and add to the mixture.
4. Mix well.
5. Place spoon full of mixture to a warm pan. You can make the plaatkoekies as big or small as you like.
6. Add cream, syrup or whatever you prefer on your plaatkoekies.
I was born in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa and grew up in Vereeniging. The first time I left home was in 2002 to go to England on a working holiday. Met my husband halfway around the world, got married in South Africa and now have 2 beautiful children. One boy and one girl... Started writing down recipes I grew up with when I was living in England and love sharing them with others. Buy my downloadable book and keep all the recipes together! https://recipesfromsouthafrica.com/download-book-in-english/