2 cups of butter (margarine)
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of fine apricot jam
1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon of strong coffee
‘n little bit of boiling water to dissolve the coffee in
1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
8 cups of flour
1. Cream the butter and sugar together and add the jam. Mix well.
2. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in a little bit of milk and add.
3. Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and add the vanilla. Mix and add to mixture.
4. Add the flour and knead together with your hand.
5. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for about 10 minutes on the bottom oven rack. Move it to the top of the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes. Check to make sure the cookies don’t burn.
6. Let it cool down and stick two cookies together with the filling.
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter (margarine)
1/3 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of coffee
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
If you find the mixture to be too much, you can always halve the recipe.
If you prefer purchasing homemade cookies, cakes, cup cakes, muffing or rusks from Ouma’s Cookies, please do not hesitate to visit our site today. If you live in Vereeniging you can collect. Place your order today.
I was born in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa and grew up in Vereeniging. The first time I left home was in 2002 to go to England on a working holiday. Met my husband halfway around the world, got married in South Africa and now have 2 beautiful children. One boy and one girl... Started writing down recipes I grew up with when I was living in England and love sharing them with others. Buy my downloadable book and keep all the recipes together! https://recipesfromsouthafrica.com/download-book-in-english/