Marshmallows have been one of my favourite for a long time… So when my mother used to make marshmallow tart, we were all very excited 🙂
1 tin (397g) of condensed milk
1/2 cup of lemon juice
12 red cherries, cut in half
1 pack (125g) of marshmallows
1 cup of cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 small tin of crushed pineapples
1 pack of tennis biscuits (coconut cookies)
1. Mix the condensed milk and lemon juice together and let stand until it gets thicker.
2. Add the cherries and cut marshmallows and mix.
3. Beat the cream and vanilla together until stiff. Add to the mixture and stir.
4. Pineapples are added at the end. Mix well.
5. Place the tennis biscuits in 2 tart pans (round or square) and pour the mixture on top.
6. Crumb 1 or 2 biscuits and sprinkle on top of the 2 tarts.
7. Leave in the refridgerator for around 2 hours to set.
Makes 2 round tarts
I was born in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa and grew up in Vereeniging. The first time I left home was in 2002 to go to England on a working holiday. Met my husband halfway around the world, got married in South Africa and now have 2 beautiful children. One boy and one girl... Started writing down recipes I grew up with when I was living in England and love sharing them with others.