My husband is a wonderful cook and loves spoiling us on a daily basis. The other day he made us the duchess potatoes and not long after that, he made a beautiful chicken dish with chirizzo, chicken and wonderful vegetables cooked together in a paella pan outside on the braai.
The meat was so tender and juicy and the vegetables tasted like the sauce it was cooked in for hours and hours… Never thought you could make such a wonderful dish outside on the braai. You braai the chicken first and then add the vegetables and sauce and they cook together for a long time.
If you are interested in this Spanish chicken recipe, have a look on his website for step by step instructions. He first shows you the ingredients you will need, then he explains step by step how to prepare every part of the dish. You will also be spoilt with videos showing you how to follow some of the steps.
The wonderful part of all these recipes is that they are all GLUTEN FREE. My husband is a celiac and whenever he cooks for us, it is all 100% Gluten Free. The flavours are so wonderful, you won’t believe it until you try it.
This is a wonderful recipe. My husband cooked it over the weekend. We love chicken wings and it is always a treat when Martin cooks this. Every time it tastes different… a new flavour, a new taste, a new sauce. He is the best sauce maker I know 🙂
Try this recipe and let me know what you think. It is Gluten Free and tastes supreme.
Enjoy the cooking 🙂
Cheese puffs is a favourite for both children and adults. Therefor it is a guaranteed hit for the whole family. Cheese puffs is a very easy recipe and quick to prepare. Get your children involved and let them help you. They will love it!
This recipe can very easily be made GLUTEN FREE.
1 cup of flour (gluten free flour, a mixture of chick pea, white rice and tapioca flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free baking powder)
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, filled up with milk to make one cup (250ml)
1. Sieve all the dry ingredients together
2. Add the grated cheese.
3. Mix the egg and milk mixture and add.
4. Pour spoons full into patty tins.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven a 180 degrees celcius for between 15 and 20 minutes.
Serve the cheese puffs with butter and cheese, marmite or apricot jam. My favourite is a teaspoon full of cream. Nothing can beat the taste of the cream and jam combined. You have to try it!
This really is very easy to make and is a light snack that everyone will enjoy, anytime of the day! My mother used to bake this for us when we were growing up and we couldn’t get enough of it! Now that I am married, I do the same. I love baking recipes my mother used to bake for us.
My husband loves South African recipes and putting a smile on his face is worth while!
If you are interested in purchasing my e-book, please click on this link and have a look.
If you would rather purchase the paperback copy from Amazon, and go have a look!
Kaaspoffertjies is die oulikste naam… klink so lekker vars en fluffy. Kaaspoffertjies is ‘n groot gunsteling onder kinders en volwassenes. Hierdie resep is baie eenvoudig om voor te berei. Laat die kinders jou help, hulle sal dit vreeslik baie geniet.
Hierdie resep kan baie maklik gluten vry gemaak word.
1 koppie meel (gebruik gluten vrye meel. Meng chick pea, wit rysmeel en tapioca meel saam)
2 teelepel bakpoeier (gluten vry)
1 koppie gerasperde kaas
1 eier, opgevul met melk in ‘n koppie (250ml)
1. Sif all die droeë bestandele saam.
2. Voeg die gerasperde kaas hierby.
3. Meng die eier en die melk saam en voeg by.
4. Skep lepelsvol in ‘n klein muffin pannetjie (die kleintjies)- patty tins.
5. Bak in ‘n voorverhitte oond teen 180 grade celcius vir tussen 15 en 20 minute.
Bedien die kaaspoffertjies met botter en kaas, marmite of appelkooskonfyt. My gunsteling is ‘n teelepel vol room.
Hierdie is ‘n ligte ete wat almal sal geniet, enige tyd van die dag. My ma het altyd die resep vir ons bemaak, nou maak ek dit vir my gesin. Probeer dit gerus.
As jy graag my resepteboek wil koop, kliek hierdie link… Dit sal jou na my e-book toe vat.
As jy belangstel in my sagteband boek, gaan besoek gerus Amazon.
Pampoenkoekies is a wonderful addition to any meal… You can use many types of pumpkin and in South Africa the most common pumpkin used is Herbert Squash. When we lived in England we could not find it though, so we tried butternut. It worked wonderfully…
The trick is to make sure the pumpkin is very dry. If it is watery, the pampoenkoekies will stick and won’t be easy to make.
2 cups of pumpkin (1 medium sized butternut squash)
4 tablespoons of flour (mix white or brown rice, tapioca and chick pea flour in equal quantities)
2 teaspoons of gluten free baking powder
# If you are not a celiac, you can just use regular wheat flour instead of the mix
1. Boil the pumpkin in a bit of water until soft (between 10 and 15 minutes). Make sure the pumpkin is very dry before using. Mash the pumpkin.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and egg. Mix well.
3. Warm up a bit of oil in a frying pan. Place spoons full of pumpkin in the pan and fry on both sides until light brown.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top or make a sweet syrup to pour over.
1 tablespoon of butter/margarine
3/4 cup of water
3/4 cup of milk
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tablespoon of cornflour
1. Bring the butter, water and sugar to the boil.
2. Mix the cornflour with a little bit of water and add. Let it boil for about 2 minutes.
3. Pour warm syrup over the pampoenkoekies instead of the cinnamon sugar.
Being a celiac does not mean that you can eat nothing enjoyable… Take the plaatkoekies for instance… They taste wonderful and is very easy to make. So make sure to try this recipe. You can feed your family with this wonderful recipe and they won’t even know it is Gluten Free…
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of melted butter
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup of flour (equal quantities of chick pea, tapioca and brown rice flour)
1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum
1. Beat together the eggs and the water.
2. Add the melted butter and the sugar.
3. Sieve the dry ingredients (salt, baking powder, flour and xantham gum) and add to the mixture.
4. Mix well.
5. Place spoon full of mixture to a warm pan. You can make the plaatkoekies as big or small as you like.
6. Add cream, syrup or whatever you prefer on your plaatkoekies.